Saturday, April 9

Moda

I’ve been working on a quilt for my new Granddaughter for several weeks.  I found this fabulous Moda fabric at Craft Warehouse.   Fabric is not cheap..  It was 8.99 a yard  and I bought 7 yards,  plus thread and Flannel to line it with.  I love the bright colors!

I am not much of a seamstress.   I bought my Singer sewing machine back in the early 1980’s and paid $75 for it brand spankin new.    It only has 5 stitches.   Very basic..  I sewed basic clothes for my kids when they were toddlers, hemmed pants and mended clothes with it.  I’ve even stitched on my cards with it.  One of these days I would like to get a new machine and make some more quilts.  Just what I need!  Another addiction!

One more washing to soften it up, then I’ll snip all of the loose thread and it’s ready for her arrival…  Just under two weeks!   I hope she likes it.

 

Be Creative!

 


Photobucket
Pin It!

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, I adore this and so will your granddaughter!

Pam Speidel said...

You are SO creative Mish!! Love the color combination of the various fabrics. It's beautiful! How exciting that your granddaughter will be arriving soon! My first gd is due July 4th and I can't wait! ♥

Jenn said...

It's gorgeous!! 11 more days!

Billie A said...

Very pretty quilt, she will love it for sure. I made quilts for my grandkids and they still have them. I love the colors used and the frayed soft look. Very nice.

Scrappy Girl said...

How exciting! That is beautiful!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Gorgeous quilt Michelle. I am sure she will treasure it forever. I love the frilly edges you have on each square. That must have been time consuming - a real labour of love
Lee:)